Friday, April 5, 2013

Hoopla!





"Hamburger Ballet" - Oil on Wood - 5.5x5.5 inches

Sent this little painting off to an awesome artist Britt Spencer as a gift. 




A general block in for this piece. 



I started to glaze in some color for this portrait. I will push and pull the color over time on this piece. I believe the blue is too saturated for a painting that is trying to emulate an old Flemish work. I also will refine the edges once I go into more opaque paint. 


Starting the grisaille on this painting... 



as well as this one...


but not this one. Just a small study of some clouds the other day from my studio window, which is not ideal. I had fun either way. 


A three hour figure session. 

There was a painting and drawing marathon today for nine hours straight, with three poses at three hours a piece. 

The 2nd pose turned out absolutely wretched, which is why I am not posting that one. 


However the third and final pose of the evening turned out decently (at least comparatively). I feel the temperature and the values could be tweaked further. The issue with this painting is that I'm trying to capture the right color note, as opposes to the correct value / temperature relationships. I will have continue to work on this. 

Thanks! 






No comments:

Post a Comment