Monday, July 22, 2013

Stuff!





3 Hour Study,

My biggest complaint about this painting is that some of the colors a muddy and that the edges NEED so much work. I feel like when I'm out working on a painting the piece seems a lot better than the reality. The background tree edges are way too brushy with tiny brushes. This will have to be something that I simplify in the future. I also feel that my values are little strange because my focus is in the middle ground, I made that element fairly high in contrast in value, while my foreground elements have no room to come forward since I already used some of my darkest values in the mid - back ground. I wonder if this issue could have been resolved with color temperature as opposed to values. 






3 Hour Study,

I believe this painting is heading on the right track... Tweaks could definitely be done. The hardest aspect about this painting was that the light changed a lot in relation to the focal point on the rock. As you can see in the scene the rock is no longer illuminated as it was when I first arrived at the location. I also think that some of my colors were on the verge of becoming muddy.

I also need to simplify my shapes at the initial start of the painting. I may need to paint on a smaller panel, or just get bigger brushes.





1 Hour Study

Cop Tower,

I simply wanted to try to paint the tower at the end of the day starting from 8pm. Once the light had faded so drastically, I simply stopped and left it as it was. I do believe it's a nice start to a painting. 





I also began to work on another project with a friend, a video game for mobile devices! I did a lot of preliminary design for an awesome idea. I may show a sneak peek in the future. 

And last but certainly not least, here is a nearly completed mix of a song from the long awaited album (mainly long awaited on my behalf) from Phantasmagoria. This project has unfortunately / fortunately consumed most of my summer, but the majority of the leg work has been completed. More in updates, and primarily paintings to come. I've engineered the album and done all of the moxing thus far, it's super time consuming.




No comments:

Post a Comment