Sunday, October 21, 2012

More Work!

Some updates and some new work. 


Oil On Wood 

Here is the final of the figure session. I feel that my colors ended up getting muddy near the end of this painting. I look forward to painting from the model in the future. Next time I will not position myself to being directly in line with the clamp lights. 


Digital 

An hour self portrait during a rain storm. Not quite there yet but I feel that this portrait is heading in the right direction, however I could be wrong about that. There should be a little more vibrance in the color  choices, especially the lighter values. 


Robo Portrait - Oil on Panel

Still working on this one. I need to pull the robot out from the background a bit more. 


Graphite 

Still not where it should be. This drawing feels like each element was individual thought of as opposed to them relating / interacting with one another. The proportions are off. 





Gesture drawings from a halloween figure session. 


Digital Painting from the figure session roughly 15 minutes. These colors are just weird. 



Oil On Wood 5.5 x 6.5in

Self portrait from life I worked on last night. Still using just a warm and cool primary sets for my palette. After seeing the portraits by Coro, http://coro36ink.com/gallery/personal, I wanted to try. I began with an acrylic underpainting and transitioned into oil. I will probably add some final touches in another session. I would like to get more proficient at a wet on wet painting technique, but it takes time. 

Critiques are more than welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment