Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Robots!


A small quick study from the window in my studio. 

Although I like the way the painting turned out, it does not reflect the mood of the scenario I was attempting to depict. When I was painting this scene, it began to snow in Edinboro, which is why I was inside. 


Work In Progress


Work In Progress


Work In Progress


Work In Progress

All of these paintings need some serious work. The main complaint or suggestions that I've received is the lack of color / saturation with in the work. Since I am working with glazing technique I'm attempting to slowly build up the color with very thin layers of color. 

As a note I have some drawing errors in the work... I also realize I have a very long way to go before achieving the final product that I envision with this body of work. Hopefully by doing more I'll come to some sort of conclusion with the work. 

Comments and critiques are always welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment