Sunday, November 4, 2012

Tonights Study


I worked on this study tonight for a little around four hours. I realize that the drawing is off, but my main focus was color relationships. I have a lot to learn but I feel like this is a step in the right direction. I hope to be able to apply this understanding a little more systematically when I am oil painting. 

I was under florescent tube lighting. It is my intent that I will be able to capture the light source effectively in my work, which will ultimately define the color harmony for the painting. This is something I really will continue to explore. 

Any comments or critiques are more than welcome! 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Aaron,
    Wow! Enjoyed your blog and work! So many nice images you shared of your journey. Lots of ideas to consider.
    I passed this blog on to my students and thought you might also like to read. Some relevant ideas, some not so... but interesting anyway http://danielgerhartz.wordpress.com/


    ReplyDelete